It is a delicate subject and possibly it has been around your mind for several days. Female infertility results in the impossibility or great difficulty of achieving a pregnancy.
Neither you nor your partner may have shown infertility symptoms and probably never thought too much about it. However, the passage of time has led you to consider the possibility of visiting a fertility clinic to resolve your suspicions.
About 90% of couples manage to get pregnant during the first 12 months of unprotected sex. However, the remaining 10% may need some form of medical assistance to achieve this.
These are the main causes of female infertility:
Irregular menstrual cycles can be a sign of hormonal imbalance. If any of the following hormones is not at the right level, it can cause irregular menstruation, as well as thinning hair, palpitations, low libido, and depression.
Women over the age of 35 may have a decrease in fertility. On average, women in their 30s have a 20% chance of becoming pregnant in a menstrual cycle. However, at age 40, that probability drops to just 5%.
Certain previous diagnoses may show signs of difficulty in achieving pregnancy.
At Citmer, we offer you our services as a fertility clinic. Come to us and get all your questions answered.