The preimplantation genetic diagnosis is carried out to avoid the transfer of embryos with some pathology, and with it we can also “Select the Sex of your Baby”. Nowadays, Science has reached these scopes and in CITMER we can do it.
Our specialists have the greatest experience in the country in preimplantation genetic diagnosis in embryos with only 5 days of In Vitro development, which allows maintaining intact the possibilities of the embryo to be implanted and born.
The preimplantation genetic diagnosis or PGD detects some genetic or chromosomal abnormalities in
- Patients over 39 years of age who seek to have a baby through In Vitro fertilization since it has been shown that, from this age, the quality of the eggs decreases dramatically, generating embryos with a high probability of having some chromosomal abnormality.
- Patients with at least 2 previous assisted reproduction treatments without achieving pregnancy.
- Women with 2 or more spontaneous gestational losses (miscarriages).
- People with a high risk of transmitting a genetic disease to their children.
- People who wish to have a baby with the desired sex, either boy or girl as a family swing, among others.
Many couples who want to choose the sex of their baby for multiple reasons such as
- Medical reasons: For example, to avoid having a child with a hereditary sex-linked disease, such as muscular dystrophy or hemophilia, since only males born are affected.In other cases, the diseases manifest themselves more severely in one gender than the other, as is the case with Fragile X syndrome or autism. A couple who is at high risk of inheriting these genetic diseases may choose to have a baby of the gender that does not have the disease.
- Family balancing: When a couple already has at least one child of the same sex and wants to have another child of the opposite sex to enjoy both boys and girls in their family.
The embryos formed in the laboratory are analyzed to ensure that they are free of chromosomal or genetic problems and to determine the sex of each one. Finally, only those healthy embryos are transferred with the sex that the couple desires.
of your story
- Increased chance of pregnancy in fewer attempts.
- Decreased risk of abortion.
- Allows for the detection of more than 100 hereditary genetic diseases.
At Citmer, we were the first to introduce in Mexico the technique of genetic diagnosis in embryos with only 5 or 6 days of in vitro development.
This technique is the safest and, together with our experience, we guarantee 99% effectiveness of having a baby of the desired sex.
The implantation potential of an embryo can go from 20% without preimplantation genetic diagnosis to 60% with a genetic study.
Patients over 39 years of age who seek to have a baby through In Vitro Fertilization since it has been demonstrated that, from this age on, the quality of the oocytes decreases drastically, generating embryos with a high probability of having some chromosomal abnormality.
Patients with at least 2 previous assisted reproduction treatments without achieving pregnancy.
Women with 2 or more spontaneous gestational losses (miscarriages).
People with a high risk of transmitting a genetic disease to their children.
People who wish to have a baby with the desired sex, either boy or girl as a family swing, among others.
At Citmer we offer you our services as a fertility clinic with experienced specialists, come to us and solve all the doubts you have about it.